Figure Skating Club of Minneapolis seeking part-time Skating School Director (10/10/14)
The Figure Skating Club of Minneapolis is seeking a skate school director for an established and growing program
that introduces a diverse cross section of the Twin Cities to figure skating.
The position also oversees special events such as Skate-o-Ween, Great to Skate open house and possible summer camp development.
Responsibilities include setting skate school policies, managing on- and off-ice activities during Monday and Saturday classes,
communicating with current and potential participating families and promoting advancement to private instruction.
Experience with marketing is a plus.
Applicants must be PSA and USFSA members.
This is a contract position that pays hourly and reports to the club board of directors
Please email cover letter and resume to Bettina Dehnhard, email@example.com
Join Our Coaching Staff - $65,000-$100,000 Guaranteed Minimum base for the first year!! (10/09/14)
Fairfax Ice Arena is seeking a Head Figure Skating Coach
The Fairfax Ice Arena is…
• Located 12 miles from Washington, D.C. in Fairfax County, Virginia— one of the wealthiest counties in the country.
• Offers a 10-week U.S. Figure Skating Summer Training School.
• Competitive figure skating program offers ballet studio, off-ice training, and jump harness.
• We offer over 58 figure skating sessions each week during fall, winter and spring.
• We have one of the largest figure skating schools in the United States.
Over the past 40 years our competitive program has developed Olympic, World, National, Sectional, and Regional skaters.
Do you know of a coach who would be an asset to our team?
Refer a Friend...and receive $1,000 for any introduction that leads to successful employment by Fairfax Ice Arena.
Fairfax Ice Arena
3779 Pickett Road
Fairfax, VA 22031 U.S.A.
Call Jimmy Torres at 703-323-0674 x21
City of Plymouth, MN Skate School Director Position (10/9/14)
Plans and implements the “Learn to Skate” School at the Plymouth Ice Center. This position is responsible for the development and coordination of the skating school curriculum, supervision of all skate school employees and volunteers, organization and administration of class registration, and the development of an annual ice show, camps, clinics, and competitions. Work hours are daytime, evenings and weekends, approximately 12 to 18 hours per week.
- Three years experience teaching with I.S.I. or U.S.F.S. indoor ice skating schools, programs and lessons.
- Experience managing, coordinating, choreographing and planning figure skating shows, exhibitions and competitions.
- Must have strong skating background.
- Must be in adequate physical condition to ice skate frequently.
- Must be able to organize own work and work a varied schedule.
- Five years of experience teaching figure skating.
- Two years experience supervising skating professionals.
- Knowledge of and skill in organization and supervision of skating schools.
- Ability to maintain and manage accurate skate school records
Annual pay range: $23-$27 per hour, DOQ.
Position will be open until filled. For more information, or to apply, please visit www.plymouthmn.gov.
Private Coaches Needed in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula! (9/5/14)
Ice Reflections Figure Skating Club (IRFSC) of Iron Mountain, Michigan is seeking individuals interested in private coaching.
Lessons would prepare skaters for Basic Skills and Dance to Senior MIF and Free Skating competitions and testing programs.
Send questions and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come skate with us! The Rockford Park District is currently hiring for a full time Director of Figure Skating. (9/3/14)
The Rockford Park District was formed in 1909 and is in its second century of service. It is the second largest park and recreation system in Illinois, and has twice been awarded the prestigious National Gold Medal for excellence in parks and recreation management, and is a Distinguished Agency, professionally accredited for high standards and superior services.
Interested candidates may submit an online application. The position will remain open until filled
Did you know, Janet Lynn, Olympic medalist and one of the top freestyle skaters of all time is from Rockford, Illinois???
The Rockford Park District operates two skating facilities; Carlson Ice Arena and Riverview Ice House along with a hockey training facility.
The rinks are open for regular public skate sessions, and figure skating and hockey lessons are offered for ages three through adult.
For additional information about the position including essential functions and qualifications please visit our website: www.rockfordparkdistrict.org.
Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society Ardmore PA (8/27/14)
PSC&HS is seeking high level female and male dance coaches to join our team of coaches. Applicant must be accomplished ice dancer able to partner all ages of skaters beginner through international dances.
- PSA member; rating preferred, but not required
- USFS registered coach; CER A compliant
- Gold Dance Test or higher; competitive history preferred
- Available to teach our Learn to Skate group classes as well as program dance
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter detailing experience and coaching goals to
Director of Skating, Regina Barr at email@example.com
Job Title: Hockey Director at SkateQuest, Reston, VA (8/26/14)
Reports to: General Manager
The Hockey Director is responsible for the development and implementation of programs that are attractive to players of all ability levels. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills. Establishing and maintaining relationships with parents, players, and staff is essential to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meet and greet all customers in a warm, friendly, and professional manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain a complete set of written policies, procedures, and rules with respect to hockey programs, and ensure compliance of all instructional staff.
· Responsible for the design, formation, and implementation of all adult hockey programs.
· Hire, train, evaluate, schedule, and manage hockey staff/coaches/referees/scorekeepers.
· Coordination of referees for all league and tournament functions.
· Assign off-ice officials (e.g., scorekeepers) for all league and tournament functions.
· Create and conduct a scorekeeper training program.
· Conduct interviews and select coaches for camps and clinics.
· Develop the Hockey Program’s annual budget and ensure it is met.
· Ensure teams, coaches and referees are properly registered with USA Hockey and/or other insurance organization as required by the Company’s risk management program.
· Ensure rules of play are enforced.
Other Conditions: Must be willing to work irregular hours (evenings, weekends).
Please submit cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail by September 15th, 2014 to:
1800 Michal Faraday Ct.
Reston, VA 20190
Wissahickon Skating Club (WSC) looking for Director of Programs (8/3/14)
Position Reports to: WSC President or their designee
Location: 550 W. Willow Grove Avenue, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA 19118
This position is a senior level position for the Wissahickon Skating Club (WSC) and is primarily responsible for strategic direction, membership growth/retention, club optimization/efficiency initiatives and skills development.
· Provides the strategic planning and direction for WSC programs
· Delivers effective communications related to the club’s direction, operations and programs for the membership
· Develops skating programs that will enhance the experience for the membership as well as to help recruit and attract new members
· Implements programs that connect the various levels of membership and the disciplines within the club
· College degree preferred
· Extensive (10 plus years) experience in running multi-disciplined skating programs
· Highest level skating and coaching accreditations preferred (USA Hockey, USFS, etc)
· Experience in organizing club level / related activities, initiatives and operations
· Experience in club membership development and membership sales
The finalist will be required to successfully pass background checks.
Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled. Candidates who wish to be considered for this position should send a detailed cover letter, resume and names with contact information for references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE DULUTH FIGURE SKATING CLUB (8/1/2014)
is seeking a Skating Director to join their professional coaching staff and oversee a successful, well-established USFS Plus 10 Encore Award-winning club. Help us celebrate our 100-year history!
To apply, or for more information, please contact Jeff Cushman at email@example.com or visit our website at www.duluthfsc.org. Duluth, MN, www.visitduluth.com, voted Outside’s Best Town 2014! Closing date: October 31, 2014
Coaches wanted! 7/29/14
Ice Vault Arena in Wayne, NJ is looking for coaches to teach in the Learn to Skate program on Monday, Friday and Saturday. The fall session begins September 15th. Our LTS program has received the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program Membership Recognition Award since 2007 for having over four hundred members yearly in our Basic Skills Program. Our Saturday schedule offers 2 ½ hours of freestyle, 1 hour of group classes in the fall, 1½ hours of groups in the winter, followed by 2 hours of public session. Coaches must have current USFS membership, successfully passed a background check, and have liability insurance.
Please contact Karen Cohen-Prosnitz, Skating School Director at: KarenC@icevault.com
ASSISTANT SKATING COACH for Iceland's major figure skating club 7/25/14
This is an entry level position. Candidate must possess good skating skills and experience in coaching competition level skaters. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in teaching students of varying levels, both individually and in groups.
Required: Resume or CV in English, at least 3 character references, salary desired and intended intentions for a position like this.
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Send CV or Resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ice Gallerie located in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico (7/10/2014)
has openings for coaches rated from certified through senior level and a working knowledge of Spanish would be a plus. Responsibilities include Learn-to-skate, MIF classes, and private lessons. Please email questions and resume to email@example.com
The Goggin Ice Center at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio (6/25/14)
....seeks a high level, experienced Ice Dance Coach. The prospective USFS & PSA rated candidate will have experience and success in coaching and testing/partnering that will include Preliminary through International dances. This position has become available due to the retirement of the previous Ice Dance Coach.
The Goggin Ice Center is a state of the art, 2 sheet facility and part of the beautiful Miami University campus. We offer approximately 25 figure skating sessions a week and 5 in-house test sessions annually. Ice Dancing is in demand by our community, the Synchronized Skating Team members and of interest to our younger skaters. This is a tremendous opportunity for the motivated, experienced professional that has the vision and energy to further build the Dance Program.
Applicants can apply by submitting a letter of interest and resume to:
Director of Skating
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.