Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society Ardmore PA (8/27/14)
PSC&HS is seeking high level female and male dance coaches to join our team of coaches. Applicant must be accomplished ice dancer able to partner all ages of skaters beginner through international dances.
- PSA member; rating preferred, but not required
- USFS registered coach; CER A compliant
- Gold Dance Test or higher; competitive history preferred
- Available to teach our Learn to Skate group classes as well as program dance
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter detailing experience and coaching goals to
Director of Skating, Regina Barr at email@example.com
Job Title: Hockey Director at SkateQuest, Reston, VA (8/26/14)
Reports to: General Manager
The Hockey Director is responsible for the development and implementation of programs that are attractive to players of all ability levels. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills. Establishing and maintaining relationships with parents, players, and staff is essential to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meet and greet all customers in a warm, friendly, and professional manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain a complete set of written policies, procedures, and rules with respect to hockey programs, and ensure compliance of all instructional staff.
· Responsible for the design, formation, and implementation of all adult hockey programs.
· Hire, train, evaluate, schedule, and manage hockey staff/coaches/referees/scorekeepers.
· Coordination of referees for all league and tournament functions.
· Assign off-ice officials (e.g., scorekeepers) for all league and tournament functions.
· Create and conduct a scorekeeper training program.
· Conduct interviews and select coaches for camps and clinics.
· Develop the Hockey Program’s annual budget and ensure it is met.
· Ensure teams, coaches and referees are properly registered with USA Hockey and/or other insurance organization as required by the Company’s risk management program.
· Ensure rules of play are enforced.
Other Conditions: Must be willing to work irregular hours (evenings, weekends).
Please submit cover letter and resume by mail or e-mail by September 15th, 2014 to:
1800 Michal Faraday Ct.
Reston, VA 20190
FULL-TIME POSITION: FIGURE SKATING COACH 8/26/14
The full-time Figure Skating Coach would be responsible for team coaching of the Shattuck-St. Mary's Figure Skating Team skaters.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coaching basic skating skills through Senior level + Learn to Skate
· Knowledge of Off Ice Training; Strength & Conditioning, Yoga
· Choreography; test and show programs
· Perform weeknight/weekend duty for boarding program as appropriate
· Graduation from a college or university with a degree in Education/BioMechanics/Dance/Business, or closely related field.
Experience may offset lack of college degree.
· At least 5 years’ experience as a Figure Skating Coach
· Working knowledge of IJS Scoring System and 6.0
· Must be USFS and PSA member and pursuing ratings
o PSA Program Director ratings preferred
Email cover cover letter, three references and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials will be received thru 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 5th, 2014 or until position is filled.
THE DULUTH FIGURE SKATING CLUB (8/1/2014)
is seeking a Skating Director to join their professional coaching staff and oversee a successful, well-established USFS Plus 10 Encore Award-winning club. Help us celebrate our 100-year history!
To apply, or for more information, please contact Jeff Cushman at email@example.com or visit our website at www.duluthfsc.org. Duluth, MN, www.visitduluth.com, voted Outside’s Best Town 2014!
Coaches wanted! 7/29/14
Ice Vault Arena in Wayne, NJ is looking for coaches to teach in the Learn to Skate program on Monday, Friday and Saturday. The fall session begins September 15th. Our LTS program has received the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Program Membership Recognition Award since 2007 for having over four hundred members yearly in our Basic Skills Program. Our Saturday schedule offers 2 ½ hours of freestyle, 1 hour of group classes in the fall, 1½ hours of groups in the winter, followed by 2 hours of public session. Coaches must have current USFS membership, successfully passed a background check, and have liability insurance.
Please contact Karen Cohen-Prosnitz, Skating School Director at: KarenC@icevault.com
ASSISTANT SKATING COACH for Iceland's major figure skating club 7/25/14
This is an entry level position. Candidate must possess good skating skills and experience in coaching competition level skaters. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in teaching students of varying levels, both individually and in groups.
Required: Resume or CV in English, at least 3 character references, salary desired and intended intentions for a position like this.
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Send CV or Resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Coaching Staff - $100,000 Guaranteed Minimum base for the first year (7/21/14)
Fairfax Ice Arena is searching for a Competitive Ice Skating Coach to join our coaching staff.
The Fairfax Ice Arena is…
• Located 12 miles from Washington, D.C. in Fairfax County, Virginia— one of the wealthiest counties in the country.
• Offers a 10-week U.S. Figure Skating Summer Training School.
• Competitive figure skating program offers ballet studio, off-ice training, and jump harness.
• We offer over 58 figure skating sessions each week during fall, winter and spring.
• We have one of the largest figure skating schools in the United States.
Over the past 40 years our competitive program has developed Olympic, World, National, Sectional, and Regional skaters.
Do you know of a coach who would be an asset to our team?
Refer a Friend...and receive $1,000 for any introduction that leads to successful employment by Fairfax Ice Arena.
Fairfax Ice Arena
3779 Pickett Road
Fairfax, VA 22031 U.S.A.
Call Jimmy Torres at 703-323-0674 x21
The Ice Gallerie located in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico (7/10/2014)
has openings for coaches rated from certified through senior level and a working knowledge of Spanish would be a plus. Responsibilities include Learn-to-skate, MIF classes, and private lessons. Please email questions and resume to email@example.com
The Goggin Ice Center at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio (6/25/14)
....seeks a high level, experienced Ice Dance Coach. The prospective USFS & PSA rated candidate will have experience and success in coaching and testing/partnering that will include Preliminary through International dances. This position has become available due to the retirement of the previous Ice Dance Coach.
The Goggin Ice Center is a state of the art, 2 sheet facility and part of the beautiful Miami University campus. We offer approximately 25 figure skating sessions a week and 5 in-house test sessions annually. Ice Dancing is in demand by our community, the Synchronized Skating Team members and of interest to our younger skaters. This is a tremendous opportunity for the motivated, experienced professional that has the vision and energy to further build the Dance Program.
Applicants can apply by submitting a letter of interest and resume to:
Director of Skating
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
Wissahickon Skating Club (WSC) looking for Director of Programs (5/30/14)
Position Reports to: WSC President or their designee
Location: 550 W. Willow Grove Avenue, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA 19118
This position is a senior level position for the Wissahickon Skating Club (WSC) and is primarily responsible for strategic direction, membership growth/retention, club optimization/efficiency initiatives and skills development.
· Provides the strategic planning and direction for WSC programs
· Delivers effective communications related to the club’s direction, operations and programs for the membership
· Develops skating programs that will enhance the experience for the membership as well as to help recruit and attract new members
· Implements programs that connect the various levels of membership and the disciplines within the club
· College degree preferred
· Extensive (10 plus years) experience in running multi-disciplined skating programs
· Highest level skating and coaching accreditations preferred (USA Hockey, USFS, etc)
· Experience in organizing club level / related activities, initiatives and operations
· Experience in club membership development and membership sales
The finalist will be required to successfully pass background checks.
Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled. Candidates who wish to be considered for this position should send a detailed cover letter, resume and names with contact information for references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL-TIME SKATING SCHOOL DIRECTOR POSITION-Skating Club of Boston (5/30/14)
Boston, MA 02135
Minimum of 5 years experience directing a U.S. Figure Skating basic skills program (500+ skaters), or the equivalent in business administration of sports or children’s programming
Sales experience a plus
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Constant Contact and Google docs, or ability to quickly learn
Superior skills in written and oral communication
Attention to detail and pride in work
Demonstrated initiative and independent management experience
Cheri Rigby, RN
Director, The Skating Club of Boston Skating Academy
Director of Programs, The Boston Common Frog Pond
The Skating Club of Boston
1240 Soldiers Field Road
617-78-SKATE | 617-783-0103 x 206
SKATING CLUB OF JACKSON HOLE is looking for a Skating Program Coordinator (5/30/14)
To oversee a comprehensive Learn to Skate and figure skating program.
To apply or for more information, please send your resume to email@example.com
or visit our website at www.skatingclubofjacksonhole.com
Chicago Radiance Synchronized Skating Teams are seeking a talented coach to join their staff (05/14/14)
Coaches of all USFS disciplines are welcome to apply, synchro coaching experience preferred.
Qualifications for application include:
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and coaching goals.
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at qualifying levels
- Ability to work collaboratively with coaching staff
- Organized and able to effectively communicate with skaters and parents
- Understanding of the International Judging System is preferred, but not required
For more information on Radiance Synchronized Skating Teams, visit our website at www.chicagoradiance.com
Director, Synchronized Skating Program (05/12/14)
Roseville Figure Skating Club is accepting applications for the position of Director/Head Coach.
Qualifications/Responsibilities Include: Responsible for overall management and operation of the program.
Reports to: RFSC Board of Directors
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and scheduling on-and off-ice practices
- Conducting Summer Camp, competitions, ice shows, exhibitions and other events.
- Choreography, music and costuming
- Experience recruiting, team building, budgeting, scheduling and conducting activities related to running a successful multi-level synchronized skating program required.
- Understanding USFS rules and requirements
- Follow all policies in the RFSC Handbook section 2.2.2 regarding this position
- Be a positive role model for young skaters
Classification: Exempt Employee
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application: Send resume to: Lisa Anne Venne at email@example.com applicants will be accepted until position has been filled.
Charter Arts seeks a Director of Figure Skating in Bethlehem, PA. (04/30/2014)
This individual will be a certified teacher in PA, a member of USFSA, hold minimum of a Bachelors Degree and certification in Physical and Recreational Education is a plus. Visit www.charterarts.org to view the listing and directions to apply.