|Google Chrome is not compatible with all areas of the E-learning Academy. If at all possible, please use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
|Full refund of e-course tuition requires advance withdrawal. Once a course is completed and the exam attempted, there are no refunds. The continuing education requirement (CER) is a rule of US Figure Skating which includes the number of credits needed. When a coach exceeds the number of credits attained for US Figure Skating, those additional credits are applied towards PSA educational credit requirements.
CER/ Category A
CATEGORY A: PROFESSIONAL COACH (OR CHOREOGRAPHER) OF QUALIFYING LEVELS OF COMPETITION SKATERS:
- Defined as one who is coaching, teaching or instructing one or more skaters or teams that are participating in qualifying levels of qualifying competitions or championships. This includes, but is not limited to: primary coaches, choreographer, assistant coaches, and element specialists (spin coaches, jump coaches, style coaches etc.)
- Qualifying competitions are defined as regionals, sectionals, synchronized skating sectionals and adult sectionals.
- Championships are defined as U.S. Junior Championships, U.S. Championships, U.S. Synchronized Team Skating Championships, U.S. Adult Championships and U.S. Collegiate Championships.
CER/ Category B
CATEGORY B: PROFESSIONAL COACH (OR CHOREOGRAPHER) OF SKATERS PARTICIPATING IN THE FOLLOWING U.S. FIGURE SKATING SANCTIONED EVENTS (EXCLUDING QUALIFYING EVENTS COVERED UNDER CATEGORY A):
- Defined as one who is coaching, teaching or instructing one or more skaters or teams that are participating in non- qualifying levels of sanctioned competitions or championships. This includes, but is not limited to: primary coaches, choreographer, assistant coaches, and element specialists (spin coaches, jump coaches, style coaches etc.)
- U.S. Figure Skating tests (pre-preliminary and up)
- Nonqualifying competitions(pre-preliminary and up)
- Nonqualifying event at a qualifying competition
CER/ Category C
All CER Category C courses are designed specifically for group skating instructors. All courses will be relevant to the roles and responsibilities of Basic Skills and entry-level group skating instructors. Teaching skating in a group setting carries its own unique set of challenges, however if managed properly, group teaching offers tremendous opportunities for the growth and development of all U.S. Figure Skating programs. In order to complete the CER C requirement instructors will need to pass three courses, one from each of the different topic areas:
- Class Organization and Management
- Basic Skating Skills, Teaching Techniques and Evaluation
- Growth and Retention of Members
CER/ Category D
PROFESSIONAL SPORT SCIENCE SUPPORT SERVICES
Defined as one who is a Sport Psychologist; PT; ATC, or like. Must submit a signed affidavit stating credentials and be able to produce current proof of professional credentials in their field of expertise. If an individual performs Sport Science Support Services and also performs duties as a professional coach or choreographer, that individual must meet Category A or B requirements.
Proof of Certification can be faxed to 507-281-5491 or sent to: PSA 3006 Allegro Park SW, Rochester MN 55902